Tuesday 18 September 2012

Husband Accuses Wife Of Kidnapping Their Children


Sale Umar, on Monday, told a Sharia court in Kaduna that his wife, Amina Alhassan, abducted their three children from Kaduna to Katsina.
According to the complainant, his wife, Alhassan, a 35-year-old mother of three, left him and took the children away for over seven months without divorce.
Umar pleaded with the court to grant him custody of his children.
"For the seven months she spent, I visited Katsina over 20 times, but she refused to come back, and I even sent my elder ones but she refused to come back,” he said.
He told the court that he wanted his children back so that they could resume school.
Alhassan, however, denied the abduction claims, saying that she left because her husband wrongly accused her of extra marital affairs.
"I left for Katsina with my children because he and his elder sister accused me of having affairs with other men," she said.
She accused her husband of not taking care of her, saying he refused to settle her medical bills when she took ill.
"He told me that he did not have money and it was my father who sent N1,500 to me to buy drugs,” Alhassan told the court.
She also said that she was no longer interested in the marriage because her husband had become impotent.
"My co-wife told me he is still not all right when we spoke on phone yesterday (Sunday)."
Alhassan told the court that she had returned the children to him and all were present in court.
The presiding officer, Usman Abubakar, adjourned the case to October 2 to enable the parties to make arrangement for settlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment